hair today, forgot tomorrow

Believe it...or not

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Names of the Games


Because I have a consuming love of ridiculous, bizarre, or just ironic names, when I came across this list, it just made me laugh like a drain.

The only name this guy has missed is DeeDee Trotter, an American runner.  

My favourite is He Weina, a Chinese gymnast. In Sotho, one of South Africa's official languages, this phrase can be loosely translated as "hey you!" usually followed by "stop it!"

He he he, love it.

 


6 Comments:

  • At 7:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too cute!!

    (Is there anyone we could sue?)

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger K.M. said…

    I'm sure we could launch litigation forbidding Mr Adolph and Ms Hitzler from getting together?

    As for Tim Lips...sue him for masquerading as a Dutchman...with that name, I'm sure he's Australian.

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    We were just talking this weekend about the strange names celebrities give their children. Did you know that Gwen Stephanie is calling her newborn Zuma?

     
  • At 2:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds like a potentially anti-ANC statement there Glugster.

    LET'S HAVE A DISCIPLINARY!!

     
  • At 2:53 pm, Blogger K.M. said…

    Indeed, I heard that. Hope that child doesn't end up with the same misplaced hygiene problems that afflict his namesake.

    Anonymous...bring it on. I feel that I have been slighted and I am lodging a Grievous act Of ill-Discipline (GOD)against you.

     
  • At 4:25 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Spank me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter