hair today, forgot tomorrow

Believe it...or not

Monday, August 25, 2008

Paperless Society My Eye!

My desk upsets me.
It is just a mountain of shit.

At the moment it contains:

1 x bottle of vitamins which allegedly improve cholesterol levels.
1 x package of effervescent vitamin tablets which result in nothing but expensive urine
1 x container of Omega 3 capsules, also allegedly meant to halt my soaring cholesterol, but which I suspect just result in what I   mentioned in the previous point.
1 x nearly empty bottle of hot chocolate
1 x nearly full bottle fruit squash
3 x naartjies
16 x Provita crackers

and

4 billion, 256 thousand, 467 pieces of paper.

Each day our cleaner/car washer/car guard D comes by my desk at around 4pm to empty my dustbin. I have now resolved to throw away one piece of paper a day. It should only take me a few more lifetimes before I start seeing the surface of my desk. A colleague has suggested that I simply burn the desk instead.

Sigh.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:28 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    I vote for the burn. Nothing like a good bon-fire to lighten up your day.

     
  • At 4:41 pm, Blogger K.M. said…

    Alright! Settled then...let me go buy some braai lighters.

     
  • At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    having large amounts of paper on a desk is a perfect strategy for when you want to pretend to be doing something at work without actually doing anything. Just pretend to be sorting or filing them. Make numerous piles on the floor. stack them in neat rows. put them in manilla files. Then burn them.

     
  • At 11:24 am, Blogger K.M. said…

    I approve of the burning idea, Cuz G. However, all that stuff leading up to the actual burning sounds too much like hard work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter