hair today, forgot tomorrow

Believe it...or not

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stop the Shlock!


I attended an event last night which ended up being far worse than I anticipated. This was disappointing, however, as a number of factors were in place to save the event from itself: a super fantastic, amusing ex-colleague [comment here sometime – perhaps? Perhaps?? Perhaps!! J]; a current colleague who is a card…most of the time; food and alcohol. Those were all great. However, the actual event sucked worse than Business Strategy did during the year-long business course I undertook four years ago.

The event was hosted by a company, about which I should probably not say too much lest their people end up finding out how much I loathed their event, leading to their consequent withdrawal advertising funds from my place of employment, my ensuing unemployment and enforced retirement to a cardboard box in Hillbrow. 'Cos that's how it rolls, y'all.

Suffice it to say that the bigwig who hosted the 'show' just made love to himself for two solid hours, under the guise of celebrating the courage of a certain group of people.

Really, the guy should simply have called the evening "An Ode to Me" and then forced those in attendance to listen to some of his dire poetry while experiencing rapture of orgasmic proportions. It's easy to force people to be rapturous…just look at Ray McCauley.

These self-serving events put on by huge corporates must go away. Mind-altering substances could not improve this tripe.


4 Comments:

  • At 3:15 pm, Blogger boldly benny said…

    Now I'm glad you had those humorous sidekicks because otherwise your wanky event would've upset me since I went to a ripper of an event... could've been a ripper though because I indulged in the cocktails. Thankfully I didn't embarrass myself!

     
  • At 4:00 pm, Blogger K.M. said…

    Screw you and your ripper event!
    *DBAWIW sulks noisily*

    Ja, I should've just got trashed before I arrived, as suggested by my ex-colleague.

     
  • At 11:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should have come with ME to SA Fashion Week and eaten spring rolls in front of all the models!!!

     
  • At 12:06 pm, Blogger K.M. said…

    I so should have!!! Could've wiped our greasy mugs on their expensive dresses, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter