hair today, forgot tomorrow

Believe it...or not

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Nearly Dead


Steve Jobs is dead.

So are all the members of ABBA.

Oh wait, hold on… they're not. Not even Agnetha, who hasn't been heard from since 1984.

It seems Bloomberg's publication of an obituary for Apple's founder and CEO, Steve Jobs, was a mistake….Le Massivo Mistake-o, as they say in Swiss German.

It seems the Bloomberg people were updating Jobs's future obituary – as one does on a slow day – when it was published accidentally.

I believe this kind of thing could happen far more regularly than it actually does. There are many people around who appear to me to be dead, or at least, undead.

Some examples:

-Michael Jackson (happy 50th b-day, missy!)

-The whole of S.A's parliament

-All the cashiers at the Spar I patronise (and who, in turn, patronise me)

-Danish singers Michael Learns to Rock

-Essop Pahad

-Chris Martin from Coldplay

-My friend's family friend Bevan, who I'm convinced is a zombie

 

The problem is, anyone who tries to compose an obituary for the above-mentioned individuals is likely to die of boredom before completing it.

 

To end….a joke:

Two nuns are driving at night when they're pulled over by a vampire.

One nun says to the other: "Show him your cross"

So the other nun leans out the window and says, "Get out of bloody way, you git!!"

4 Comments:

  • At 3:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love Chris Martin. AND Michael Jackson, come to speak of it!

    You deserve a discplinary for that comment!!!!

    It reminds me of that character in "Closer", who writes obituaries, to be kept on file, as his job.

     
  • At 3:57 pm, Blogger Charmskool said…

    Loved the joke. The weird thing is that once there was a whole rash of obituaries for a chick with the prezackly the same name as mine. My mom and husband got so many sympathy calls it was funny. The best was when a long-lost friend of mine called my hubs to say how sorry he was to hear about my passing and I answered the phone. He just about had a coronary!

     
  • At 10:39 pm, Blogger K.M. said…

    I demand a lawyer at the disciplinary to act as the facilitator... one who will blatantly take on board the other person's viewpoint during the disciplinary, while steadfastly refusing to ask me anything, at all.

    Charmskool, that is very very amusing! So did the long-lost friend end up becoming a mate once again, or did he disappear after that call?
    And while we're on subjects death-like, what's your opinion on a living funeral? Yours too, Anonymous.

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger Charmskool said…

    We renewed our friendship but his agoraphobia was rather limiting so it didn't last. As for a living funeral I guess I'm not in favour. What if no one came!!? I'd be mortified.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter